1. Beach: If you’ve been following along for awhile than it’s no surprise that a lot of our summer weekends are spent at the jersey shore. Father’s Day weekend has become a little tradition of ours that we hope to keep up with. If you caught my instagram (@beautifully_candid) I’ve come to terms that when you have two boys and the sand is awesome in their little world, you just embrace it. The same goes for creepy crawlers. Last week A was catching frogs, this week it was digging for sand crabs #imdoomed.
Happy Friday! There’s no denying it here that Friday is one of my favorite days. I had every intention of putting together a Father’s Day recap but Monday posts are rough and my frustration with laundry took the posting spotlight.
So, my favorites are going to be all about our Father’s Day celebrations and some highlights throughout the week.
2. Boardwalk fun: after a few perfect days at the beach our trip wouldn’t be complete without taking a walk on the boardwalk. You sure get a lot of free entertainment up there #peoplewatchingsfinest. We all indulged in some delicious ice cream, road the carousel, and A went to town with some games.
It was really cute because after he played the fishing game and won a sea turtle, he wanted to win something for I. The game is based off of the weight of the fish and of course this time around he didn’t catch enough for the prize he wanted. He had his heart set on a nemo for his brother and wasn’t backing down. We asked the attendant if he could play again and combine the weight, but they wouldn’t let us (thanks buddy). After a lot of back and forth and him not liking any of the small prizes, he finally settled on one. And guess which one it was?!? A little stuffed poop emoji key chain! The fact that he is so innocent and had no clue what it was made it so much funnier, but I still can’t even believe they have them as prizes.
3. Crabby time: one of our favorite things about staying down the shore is going crabbing. I’m sure this won’t be the last time you see some crab pics on here. We didn’t get a crazy amount this time around but we also put an hour time limit on being out there, so not too bad.
This year A was all into it. We loved seeing his excitement, helping to pull up the traps, and yelling we got one, we got one, get the net! He is already showing such a love for the outdoors which makes me so happy. He was also very persistent about pulling his brother in the wagon. When we turned around to leave we noticed so many people gathered by the dock to watch the sunset. We let bedtime slide a bit and stayed a few extra minutes to watch how beautiful it was. Well worth it!
4. Father’s Day: this is probably going to sound braggy, and maybe it is a little bit, but one day a year isn’t enough to recognize my heart. He truly is the rock of our family and I am beyond blessed to have him by my side on this crazy yet amazing parenting journey. He keeps all of us grounded and always goes above and beyond putting us first before himself. He is a true example of a father.
5. Hello Fresh: we had our second Hello Fresh box this week and really enjoyed the delicious recipes they sent. The only things I’m not loving about it is the meals aren’t exactly kid friendly. I find myself having to cook two different things and I’m not sure I have time for that. We also like to have leftovers to take to work the next day and since these are portion specific there really aren’t leftovers. We decided for now to switch our subscription to bi-weekly to see how that goes and if that doesn’t work, the great thing is they have options, so we might opt for the monthly delivery. I will say, if it was still just Eric and I we would be all over this. The meals definitely don’t disappoint and the quality of the food sure is there.
They emailed me an offer for 4 friends to get a free box so if anyone is interested leave me your email address in the comment section and I will send you the link.
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Check out where I’m linking and don’t be shy, join in on the fun!