It’s only one of the best days of the week…so a big happy Friday going out!! If only I didn’t have to work today I would be even more happy. Speaking of working, I made a promise to myself this summer that I would be taking more long weekends. I get so excited and always feel so much better after a long weekend so instead of waiting around for holidays I will be using some of my days to enjoy more time.
I’m looking forward to this weekend since we’ll be seeing family and celebrating a friends birthday. It’s a rosé all day party so I’m sure this will be a good one. Everyone coming to the party is asked to wear pink and white, how fun is that?
Here’s a look at some of my favorites from the week…
1. 7 year anniversary: in case you missed it Eric and I celebrated our seven year wedding anniversary on Monday. I cannot believe it’s been seven years already. It probably sounds really cheesy (some of you might even roll your eyes), but so far every year really has been better than the last. I cannot wait to see what’s in store for our little family.
2. Beach day all day: we will be at the beach as much as we can over the summer. Aside from some weekends where we have other things going on, this will be our local hang out. We got to enjoy flying kites with the boys, Eric threw the boys around, (don’t get all crazy, they love to be tossed around) and if you caught my instastories then you might have seen we even saw dolphins jumping out of the water. Like really jumping, and flipping, and putting on a show for us. It was one of the best things I have ever seen!
3. Donut day: the boys and I had some fun celebrating national donut day, and when I told them they could hold them up to make donut eyes they didn’t believe me at first. A just looked at me like, is she for real?! I had to even hold mine up to show them it was ok. After that we had fun with this one and of course ate way too many donuts.
4. Garden update: you guys, we actually have things growing! We’ve been having so much rain that I think it’s really doing our little garden well. We have some other little random things growing around them, maybe they are weeds, or grass, or something, not really sure—but we can clearly see we will hopefully have some zucchinis this summer. I also love hearing little nugget say the cchinis are growing! With all the rain my sunflowers are also starting to popup and my peonies bloomed.
5. Favorite purchases: I realized the boys needed some new hooded towels for the beach and pool days, so what’s the first thing I do? Check out what Target has. Sure enough they had some cute ones that should work out great for them. I couldn’t help but get the cactus in the donuts, it’s just too funny! I ordered these on Wednesday and they came yesterday. That’s my kind of shipping.