Since I’ll be going on a girls trip in two weeks, I realized that I won’t need my huge bag with me. I love the look of a cute round straw bag but I’m not loving the prices of some of the ones I’ve seen. Well wouldn’t you know, I came across this straw crossbody bag and I can’t wait for it to come in.
Happy Friday, friends! I hope everyone had a great week. With the exception of Monday we had a beautiful week weather wise. We spent most of our nights hanging out and eating outside and it was so fun to be able to relax and watch the boys play. I had my camera packed away for most of the week and I have to say, as much as I love snapping pics of the boys, it was also so great to just sit and be.
Here’s a look at some of my favorites from the week…
This post contains affiliate links in which I get commission for purchases or clicks made at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continued support.
1. Smithville: if you’re in the jersey area, there is a cute little historic town with a bunch of shops and restaurants called Smithville that you can check out. After all these years we’ve never been before and decided to go to celebrate my dad and mother in-laws birthdays. Their birthdays are two days apart so it worked out perfect. They have a carousel and a train ride that the boys loved going on. They also couldn’t get enough of seeing all of the ducks, turtles, and fish at the lake and enjoyed yummy ice cream treats, and snuck free samples at the peanut butter shop. It was a really nice time and we all enjoyed ourselves.
2. Airstream: I will get around to doing some dedicated posts about this fun adventure we are embracing, but for now this is the perfect place to share some of our updates. The kitchen is underway and I am so in love already! If you caught my insta stories (@beautifully_candid) and participated in my poll (thank you so much to my loyal followers) then you saw that I asked about keeping the counter this natural color and just sealing it, or if we should stain it too? My initial thought was to keep it natural and a lot of you agreed. There were still a lot of votes for staining it too, but after looking at some stains and not knowing how it will take to the butcher block, we will be keeping it natural and just sealing it.
We still have to make cuts in the counter for the sink and stove top, and do some custom work where the fridge is, but having the cabinets in place is already making it feel even more amazing. How fun is this vintage inspired fridge we got?! Next up, our couch cover for our futon bed and the custom curtains should be done soon.
3. Matchy matchy: if you saw my post earlier this week then you caught that little and nugget and I sported our matching camo wear. This is my first pair of camo pants and I got a lot of compliments on them when I wore them. They have a raw edge hem at the bottom that look really cute, and wearing it with lighter colors gives it a more feminine feel. They’re currently on sale and Old Navy (or Gap) cardholders get 40% off with code THANKYOU (good until the 6th) and non-cardholders get 30% off. They run a bit big in my opinion. I’m wearing a size two and my hips don’t exactly lie.
4. Favorite finds: continuing with shopping, because who doesn’t like to see what others are thinking about getting? I have a few things I came across this week. Speaking of Old Navy, and some of our trips we have coming up, I also saw these high-waist swim bottoms that I decided to pull the trigger on. I have so many tops that I can switch out with these and I thought getting a basic color would be perfect for that. And you guys, how can you beat that price?! $9 dollars, ladies!! Don’t forget to use that code THANKYOU. I also really liked this knot-front one piece (comes in several colors). There were a ton of really cute things for the boys and A needs some new shorts, so it looks like we all made out.
5. Cino de Mayo: since cinco de mayo falls on a Saturday this year we’re planning on grabbing some yummy food and venturing out with the boys. We plan on going out earlier because I really don’t want them around any rowdy crowds and would like to actually enjoy myself. My mom and sister will be coming by so we were thinking about doing some crafts with the boys in the afternoon. How cute are these homemade sombreros and little maracas?
I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Here’s where you can find me linking for all of the link up fun.