Hello Friday, friends! It just so happens to be one of our favorite days of the week. This week seemed to go by pretty quickly and while it wasn’t jammed packed or overly exciting, it did have some sweet moments. Why don’t we just get into some of our favorites from the week.
1. Thoughtfulness: if you’re new to our blog, and welcome if you are! It may be news to you that I (Sierra) am expecting our 2nd child in all of about 3 weeks. Yup, you read that right. Time is ticking. I was overwhelmed and so thankful for the thoughtfulness that two of my sorority sisters who are my close friends, showed me this week. We had plans to get together for our regular play date with the kids and little did I know they had some tasty treats and a celebration planned for our next little guy. It was so unexpected and really put a smile on my face. They sure made me feel extra special.
2. Cake: this cake was for Jake, my (Faith’s) boyfriend. It was a belated birthday treat since he always wanted to have a homemade cake. I found the recipe on google and it’s the famous cupcake shop in New York City called Magnolia’s Bakery’s. They also had the buttercream icing recipe that I used too. I topped it with blueberries and strawberries. It came out amazing and he loved it.
3. Birthday boy: In case you missed our fur baby birthday post or our instagram (where have you been?) this handsome furry guy turned six this week! These two are best friends. And coaty sure had some extra hugs and love this week. That’s one dapper dog smile 🙂
4. Local farmers market: we stopped by a local farmers market to pick up fresh veggies. Be sure to stop by next week for a tasty recipe we’ll be sharing. Is it us, or does fresh fruit and veggies just have a natural beauty to them?
5. Giveaway time: in case you missed it we’ve partnered with some fabulous bloggers to bring you the sizzling summer giveaway and a chance to win $250! That’s a lot of dolla dolla bills y’all 😉 If you’d like to take your chance at winning then get to entering!
Giveaway will run until the midnight on the 27th (eastern time). Winner will be announced on the 28th. Giveaway open to anyone who can accept a paypal gift card. Winner will have 7 days to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim the prize a new winner will be drawn. Winners are drawn at random by Rafflecopter.
We hope everyone has a great weekend and be sure to stop by our link page to see where we are linking and join in on the fun!