Happy Friday, friends! And so we meet again. I hope your week has been a good one. I feel like I blinked and now it’s Friday. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing because this week kind of felt like one big blur.
This weekend I’ll be celebrating with one of my best friends for her birthday and we’ll be visiting with family too. Of course it’s supposed to be really cold this weekend and we might even be waking up to snow but…it is day light savings this weekend. As much as I am not happy about losing an hour of sleep, I am excited about longer days and feeling like I actually have a life after work.
Here’s a look at some of my favorite from the week…
1. Bridal shower: we celebrated with the bride-to-be and showered her with lots of love. If you remember from last weeks favorites this is one of my really good friends that asked me to be a reader during her wedding ceremony. Her shower was the cutest theme, with the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen, and they tasted great too.
2. Coffee shop talk: you all know that any time spent with my sister is the best time for me. We were able to get together and met up at this cute little coffee shop and actually got to talk and catch up without any interruptions. Coffee shops seem to attract some really interesting people which made for great people watching.
3. JORD wood watch and a giveaway: in case you missed it, I shared a post about partnering with Jord and offering a fun giveaway. I cannot say enough about my watch and how happy I am with it. You can enter here for a chance to win $100 credit towards a watch of your own. As an added bonus, even if you aren’t the lucky winner, you will still get $25 off just for entering.
4. Haircut: well I certainly needed a haircut, bad. The stylist I have been going to for years went out on maternity leave and decided she wasn’t going to be coming back. From one mom to another, I’m happy that she’ll be at home and having this time with her baby, but the selfish part of me almost went into a panic because, what?! I have to find a new person?
Maybe it’s just me, and I know it’s only hair and it will grow (mine tends to exceptionally fast), but the whole process of finding someone else that you can trust is just exhausting. And scary. I mean, I don’t want anyone to go and get all Edward Scissorhands happy on my head. Stylists always seem to want to create on me and get these happy eyes (or maybe more like crazy Ramona eyes – housewives joke if you watch it) when I walk into a salon and they see my long hair. Thanks to a facebook mom’s group that I’m in, I got a great recommendation and I think I found my new girl. Don’t mind my cheesy pic. I’m the worst at selfies and since this was last night I wasn’t waiting for some great lighting or busting out my DSLR #reallifepic
5. Favorite purchases: I saw Biana talk about this eye cream a few times before and I finally went ahead and purchased the Kiehl’s avocado eye cream. I’m always looking for more natural products – especially when it comes to my face. This cream is definitely a great moisturizer which is why I got it. The texture when you apply it does take some getting used to, but not in a bad way. I will definitely be using this as a daily moisturizer but an attempt at reducing my hideous crows feet still leaves me searching. I might actually consider Botox at some point – even though I’m terrified of needles.
Speaking of more natural things, I love this Poshe fast drying top coat. I’m on my second bottle and don’t paint my nails without it. I’m not claiming this to be a natural product but it does cut out some scary ingredients that are more commonly found in others.
I started picking up things for A for our vacation and for him to wear over the summer. Little nugget should be set since we saved all of A’s clothes. I found these cute little boy cut off jean shorts (on sale for an additional 15% off until the end of the week) and these cute chino shorts (also on sale) that I’m pretty sure Eric has almost the same pair. We got our order already and both of them fit him great.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Check out where I’m linking for more Friday fun and some other fun link ups throughout the week.