Happy Friday, friends! I hope everyone had a great week. It was so nice to be away for a few days and really enjoy some special family time together. This week went by super fast because it was a short work week but I was so thrown off and thought Wednesday was Monday. Pretty much everyday felt like it meshed into one.
Since I kept it kind of quiet around here last week (family will always come first) I am sharing my five favorite things from our 4th of July extra long extended week/weekend.
1. Family and Friends: I was really hoping that on some prayer my work would have let us leave early on Friday, but since they were open on Monday I don’t know why I even had that thought in my head. If I wasn’t leaving early, at least I was able to meet my first blogging friends in person for lunch! I had such a good time with Dara and her adorable little guy. We met at a diner which is kind of a jersey thing and it worked out great because neither of us had been to one in so long. After my work day ended we changed the kids in their pjs, loaded up the car, and headed to the beach for the next five days.
It’s no surprise that the beach is our happy place and being down there with family makes everything in the world feel right. I love that my sister also got to spend time with us and boy do the nuggets love them some Aunt Faith time. My sister and I tried to take some cute pics on the beach but the wind had other plans and completely decided that wasn’t happening. I’m talking sand pelting wind. But we made it work and had fun being goofy anyway.
2. Beach: how could this not be a favorite. I sound like a broken record over here, but the beach —we love it! This time around we left wondering and contemplating more why we don’t have a house at the shore. Maybe one day. For now, I’m thankful my in-laws have a little place that we can stay at and create memories.
3. Fireworks: what’s a 4th of July celebration without fireworks? This was little nuggets second time seeing them (the first was in Disney) but since he is almost two now and more aware of things, we weren’t sure how he was going to do with the “big booms”. We showed him some videos and told him they were mini rockets that blast off and pop in the sky. They both enjoyed them like seasoned pros and waved their little glow sticks all while oohing and aahing over the lit up sky.
4. Crabbing: this has become a fun tradition of ours since Eric and I have been crabbing together since back in the day when we dated. I couldn’t be more excited that both of my nuggets get right in there and pull up traps like it’s no ones business. We each shared in the excitement of pulling up a trap and all get to catch at least one. They sure tasted delicious too. There were still a lot of little ones out there so August should be a great time to catch some more.
5. Fun: overall just being able to laugh with each other and have fun was the best part. We went to the boardwalk and enjoyed some sweet treats, laughed on the rides, and definitely had some characters entertain us while people watching. It’s times like these that really make me question the career path I chose and why I can’t enjoy more of my summer like this. Don’t get me wrong, we have a lot of fun, but I’m talking about I want that random Tuesday fun for no rhyme or reason. Well, such is life. For now, I’m thankful for the memories we do have regardless of what day of the week it is.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Here’s where you can find me linking for all the link up fun. And speaking of linking, don’t forget that this Thursday is our girl chat link up where we’ll be talking about what we would do with a million dollars. I could definitely use that right about now 😉