This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your continued support.
Happy Friday, February, and Groundhog Day, friends! I’m hoping that groundhog brings us some good news about an early spring, but I’m not holding my breath. Thankfully this week was a better one for us after what we’ve been seeing around here. Our weekend was a rough one with with the boys still not feeling well and we pretty much didn’t leave our living room except to go up to bed. We wanted to focus on everyone getting rest and getting better, so this week’s favorites aren’t the most eventful. Don’t worry, we have some fun things on the horizon that I’ll be back to sharing more of our family moments soon.
1. Ice castle: It seems like every year around this time I get the itch to want to go away somewhere. Usually I’m thinking of all things tropical but this year we decided to embrace the winter magic (if there’s anything left to it, because I’m kind of tapped out). I saw Biana mention about wanting to visit an ice castle and after seeing some pics of people sharing their moments on instagram, I looked into it a little more. Well, this place looks awesome, so we booked a trip. We’ll be headed there next week and now I’m thinking about all the warmer weather clothes. My co-worker swears by Uniqlo’s heatteach wear and they are on major sale right now. I was able to get all of us some that I am hoping will keep us nice and warm. We’re also supposed to get some snow this weekend so we might have to test them out then.
SHOP HEATTECH FINDS
2. Letterboard: it’s official, I jumped on the letterboard band wagon and I am hooked. What I’m really looking forward to using this for is to bring it along on our airstream adventures. It’s just the right size and I already have an idea of where I’d like to put it in there. If you’re looking for a letterboard check out felt like sharing. I can’t thank them enough for sending this to me and all of the silly sayings and moments we get to share with it. I also love that they have a try it section on their site where you can type your phrase in and it shows you were to position the letters. Genius and such a time saver!
3. Planner: I came across this planner the other day when I was at Marshalls and the saying and organization of it caught my eye. It feels like we have so many moving parts going on in our life right now that I need to write things down and get things in order. I linked a few similar ones here, here and here.
4. Things I never thought I’d say as a parent: I’m going to be keeping a running list of all of the things that I never thought would come out of my mouth as a parent, because seriously, these boys are too much (in a good way of course). You might have seen me mention this on my stories, but the other night Coaty got a bone, and instead of the poor dog enjoying it, the boys took it and ran around with it. In true turning our house into a playground-jungle-gym-obstacle-course fashion, things got out of hand. One thing led to another, and before I knew it I heard a bop, followed by a scream, and then crying. I walk over to find little nugget holding his head and A hiding behind the bone which he whacked his little brother with. I then proceeded to give a lesson on why you should not hit your little brother over the head with a dog bone. #lifewithboys
5. Being happy in the now: speaking of things coming out of my mouth, if you missed my post earlier this week, I shared about being happy in the now and being more intentional with my thought process. I am overwhelmed by the positive response and genuine comments from all of you. It’s so nice to be able to relate to one another and share things with each other. These are the things that drive me to keep blogging.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! We aren’t huge football fans but since it’s Eagles territory over here, we’ll be routing them on in the super bowl. And let’s be honest, I’m hoping it won’t be a long game so I can watch This Is Us. I am so not ready for this episode, but I feel like at this point, I need to know what happens. Here’s where you can find me linking for all of the link up fun.