Here’s a look at some of my favorite from this week…
1. Snow: when it’s all said and done, I am not a cold weather king of girl. But, there is something so magical about the first snowfalls that I can’t help myself. We had a snow covered weekend that the boys loved playing in and after it all melted, we got even more snow this week. I am just hoping that we don’t end up with a brutal winter because technically it’s not even winter just yet, but in the mean time, I will enjoy all of the snow covered pics.
2. Baking days: we had a baking kind of weekend where we did our first gingerbread house and got most of our Christmas baking done. I’m hoping to get a dedicated post together for that but time feels like it’s running out. For now, here’s a few pics.
3. Zoo lights: Eric and I have been going to this since before we even had kids and each year we love visiting and seeing all of the lights. It’s even better now that the nuggets are with us and seeing how excited they are to explore everything. My mom also came along with us so it was great to have her join in on the fun.
4. Behind the scenes: they say pictures say a thousand words, but in our case, they tell a whole story. I shared earlier this week our behind the scenes of us taking our Christmas card pictures. I always love looking back at the outtakes and all of the candid moments, hence beautifully candid 😉 I have to laugh because when I see someone with a perfect picture of everyone looking, I have to think to myself, how many did they really take to get that one.
5. Favorite purchases (affiliate links): I don’t know if you caught Target’s one day 50% off outerwear sale but I jumped all over that. A needed a new winter jacket and after I saw this one and this one, I decided to get him both. I think he is really going to love the hood on the raccoon one. You might have seen little nugget sporting his cool winter hat in some of our pictures lately, and when I saw they had a similar one for adults, I decided to get Eric a matching one.
I also got an email from Bloomingdale’s with a mystery code where you could have gotten 20%, 25%, 30% or 40% off. Wouldn’t know, I had a code that was 40% off. The sale is still going on until the 17th so if you have a code, check it out and use it! I ended up picking myself up this top and this top and also got me and my sister matching Kate Spade PJs (currently all on sale).
I hope everyone has a great weekend! We have some fun things planned and will be headed into NYC to see the tree. I love the city during this time of year and also hope to get a post together about our adventures. Here’s where you can find me linking for all the link up fun!